How It Works
At DNAQ, we understand that for many clients this will be the first time they have undertaken DNA testing. We also understand that DNA testing can be a highly emotional process for everyone involved.
Throughout our many years of experience in DNA testing, we have been able to refine our process to make it as simple and convenient for our clients as possible. This also allows us to deliver the accurate, prompt and reliable service we strive for.
Our checkout process is a simple, one-page form that allows us to collect all of the information we require in one step, so that nothing is missed.
Our friendly and knowledgeable customer support team are available throughout the entire DNA testing process, from placing your initial order right through to understanding your results. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you need help.
For Legal DNA Testing, there are some additional steps required during the sample collection process, to ensure a chain of custody is maintained so the results can be legally admissible. We have prepared the below checklist to help simplify the process. Comprehensive instructions will also be included with your DNA Kit.
- Select the test you would like to perform from our wide range of options. If you are unsure which test you need, please contact us and we can talk to you through our testing options to determine which test is best suited for your situation.
- Order your test using our simple, one-page checkout.
- DNAQ will process your order and dispatch your DNA collection kits. In most cases, your kit will arrive within 2-4 working days.
- When you receive your kit, it is important that you DO NOT OPEN the sealed silver DNA kit – It has been security sealed and must only be opened by the doctor or pathology collector.
- You must obtain 2 identical passport sized photos of each person being tested. One will need to be attached to Form 2 and the other to Form 4,which is sealed inside the kit.
- Call the doctor’s clinic or pathology collector to make an appointment. (DNAQ suggests making an afternoon appointment to ensure there is enough time to complete your Form 2 prior to the collection)
- Form 2 must be completed prior to but on the same day as your collection, the form 2 must be witnessed by a Justice of the Peace or Police Officer. BOTH passport sized photos need to be certified and signed by the Justice of the Peace/Police Officer.
- If you are attending with the child in question please complete part 1 for yourself and part 2 on behalf of the child, if you are not attending with the child only your own details are required.
- The filled Form 2 needs to be taken with you to your collection appointment along with the second passport sized photo and some form of ID (e.g Driver’s License, Passport or Medicare card for children
- Do not eat, drink or smoke for 30 minutes prior to your DNA collection.
Any deviations from this procedure will result in delayed processing and/or re-collection of
samples which will incur a $60 charge to the client. If you have any questions regarding the collection process, please call DNAQ on 1300 172 837 during business hours.
Frequently Asked Questions about Legal Collections