Paternity For Life
Servicing World Wide - 1300 172 837 Australia

Useful Links

Legal Assistance

If you need help finding a family lawyer –

Legal Aid

Legal Aid in Australia is legal assistance provided by the government. Each state and territory has its own Legal Aid Commission, which is responsible for administering Legal Aid to clients who require legal assistance in areas of criminal, family and civil law. Please contact the relevant Legal Aid to see if you meet their criteria for assistance.

The Family Law Act 1975

For DNA test results to be admissible for legal purposes, such as for changing a birth certificate, matters before the Family Law court involving child custody or child support or for visa and citizenship applications, the testing must be completed in accordance with the Family Law Regulations 1984 (Cth). This legislation outlines the way in which samples must be collected, packaged and tested.

Immigration & Citizenship

The Department of Home Affairs oversees Immigration and Citizenship in Australia.

DNA Testing

If you are applying for an Australian Visa or for Australia Citizenship by descent to reside in Australia, but are unable to give proof of a family relationship, they may send you a letter suggesting you take a DNA test to prove a family relationship.

DNA testing for Immigration and Citizenship purposes must be undertaken following their strict guidelines. DNAQ is approved to undertake DNA testing for these purposes, please see our Immigration Test page for more information.

Migration Agents

A migration agent can assist you with applying for a visa. You don’t have to use a migration agent to apply, but if you do, the Department of Home Affairs recommends you use a registered migration agent. See their website for a list of agents registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA).

Interpreter Services

The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) is a service provided by the Department of Home Affairs to provide interpreting services for people who do not speak English and for agencies and businesses that need to communicate with their non-English speaking clients. TIS National’s immediate phone interpreting service is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year

Phone: 131 450


Surrogacy Law

Please see the Department of Home Affairs website for more information regarding the Australian laws regarding international surrogacy arrangements.

International Surrogacy

DNAQ is a proud provider of DNA testing services for clients of the Lotus Surrogacy agency and International Star Assistance Group.

Lotus Surrogacy and International Star Assistance Group

Counselling & Support Services


Lifeline is a national charity providing all Australians experiencing a personal crisis with access to 24 hour crisis support and suicide prevention services.

Phone: 13 11 14

Beyond Blue

Beyond Blue provides information and support to help everyone in Australia achieve their best possible mental health, whatever their age and wherever they live.

Phone: 1300 22 4636


Kids Helpline is a free, private and confidential 24/7 phone and online counselling service for young people aged 5 to 25.

Phone: 1800 55 1800

MensLine Australia

MensLine is a telephone and online counselling service for men with emotional health and relationship concerns.

Phone: 1300 78 99 78

Relationships Australia

Relationships Australia is a provider of relationship support services for individuals, families and communities. Services they offer include counselling, family dispute resolution (mediation) and a range of family and community support and education programs.

Phone: 1300 364 277

Parents Beyond Breakup

Parents Beyond Breakup help thousands of parents deal with the trauma of separation. They believe every child deserves the best possible start in life; so we work hard to keep separated dads alive and in their kids’ lives, as well as mums.. Parents Beyond Breakup is the registered charity behind front line support service Dads in Distress.

Phone: 1300 853 437

Family Relationships Online

Aims at helping families build better relationships and provides information for all families – whether together or separated – about family relationship issues. They provide a range of services to assist families manage relationship issues, including helping families agree on arrangements for children after parents separate.

Phone: 1800 050 321

Men’s Rights Agency

Provides support, information and assistance for those facing family separation – including issues surrounding family courts, mediation, children’s needs, child support, property settlements, domestic violence, paternity testing.

Phone: (07) 3805 5611

Grandparents & Kinship Carers provides information about services and support for grandparents and kinship carers.


Mens Wellbeing Inc

Mens Wellbeing Inc is a community of “men supporting men” that provides innovative nationwide experiential programs that enable men to support men through groups, gatherings and online resources.

Phone: 1300 13 88 50

Parents Without Partners

Parents Without Partners is a support organisation providing single parents and their children with an opportunity of enhancing self confidence and personal growth.

Phone: (07) 3275 3290

Men’s Information and Support Association

MISA provides affordable counselling in North Brisbane for men, and their families.

Phone: (07) 3889 7312

Uniting – Counselling and Mediation Services

Uniting specialises in post separation supports and provides counselling for individuals, couples, families and young people, addressing issues including depression and anxiety, trauma, grief and loss with a focus on relationships.

Phone: 1800 864 846

Uniting Burnside Fathers Support – Cabramatta

This program provides information, mentoring, support and group work assisting fathers to improve relationships with their children, partners, former partners and other family members.

Phone: 1800 86 846

Australian Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists

The Australian Registry of Counsellors and Psychotherapists is the independent, national register of qualified counsellors and psychotherapists in Australia. All practitioners listed on the ARCAP Register have completed professional qualifications in counselling or psychotherapy, meet ongoing professional development requirements, and abide by the ethical guidelines of the profession.




Site Design, SEO, SEM and Management by Optimised